This is a site for people who want to improve their knowledge of equipment and modelling technique and who would like to join a club of like minded people within the Milton Keynes, South Northants and North West Bedfordshire area.
The exhibition was held in the Carlton House Club
(formally The Working Men's Club),
38 High Street, Olney. MK46 4BB.
There was an entrance charge of:
Refreshments were available at a very reasonable cost.
Doors opened at 10.30am until 4.30pm.
There was free parking in the Town, within easy walking distance.
Priory Lane is a small country station with limited goods facilities, which was originally a through station on the East West Line connecting with the terminus at Priory Hill to the west of the village. The station is now showing signs of renaissance as the area is an up and coming commuter village with links to the nearby industrial town of Eatonbury.
This Eastern Region freight only branch, set in the period 1967–1970, serves a local depot and coal yard. An occasional DMU can also be seen on Railtour duty.
Riddle to Old Town is a bi-lateral layout with DMUs running between both stations, Set in the BR period 1960/70s.
Rosneath represents a small Scottish station on the north bank of the Clyde that is the terminus of an imagined branch line from the West Highland Line at Garelochhead. Set in the mid 1970s.
Set in 1950/1960s Lincolnshire, this estate farm railway uses unusual types of motive power to transport potatoes to the main line interchange station.
Verney Junction in North Buckinghamshire is the inspiration for a display layout created using the Lone Star Locos OOO gauge dddling. ie-cast metal miniature railway locomotives, rolling stock, track and accessories, which were manufactured between 1957 and 1965.
Naples street is a small American switching layout in TT (1 to 120) gauge. The industrial park straddling the street is served by a variety of freight cars moved around by two small diesel switchers.
When the Kelvedon & Tollesbury Light Railway closed to passengers in 1951, Tudwick Road Siding was the new "end of the line". It is imagined that the line remained open until the late 1970s when the traffic consisted of sundries for the Tiptree Jam Factory and coal for Tudwick Road.
This layout, originally named St Peter's Yard, has been extended and converted to represent a dairy/creamery facility in the late 1950s/early 1960s period.
Fryton is a small village on the edge of the Yorkshire moors. The layout is based on the premise that a main line came through the village but, in the 1960s, Dr Beeching closed the line through the double track tunnel beyond the station, leaving behind a station and a single goods avoiding line. This line is used today as a diversion route for the existing main line, giving rise to a varied collection of freight and passenger services passing through.
This classic inglenook layout, built and owned by OMRC Member Peter, requires just 1 x loco and 8 x wagons and utilises a headshunt and 3 sidings, providing a potential for 40,320 different wagon movements with 6,720 possible trains.
Midlands 1990. Small fan of sidings taken over by the signal engineers to load materials for a local re-signalling project.
Keith's Model Railways
Mick French Books
Wellingborough Trains and Models - Julian Franks
LCGB (Locomotive Club of Great Britain) - Peter Crossman Bedford Branch.
The map below gives an indication of the location of the Carlton House Club within the postcode spread. It is on the East side of the road, next to the United Reform Church.
For a more detailed map, Click hear
This page was last updated on 22 September 2019.
© Olney Model Railway Club 2019. All rights reserved.